Freelance Hip Hop and Rap Tutor (FE)
The Academy of Music and Sound, Glasgow are seeking to recruit a part-time Hip Hop and Rap tutor for their HND programme on a freelance basis. We are looking for an enthusiastic, resourceful and reliable individual to join our community.
We are a small, independent vocational music college and SQA Centre based in the city centre offering Full-time Further and Higher Education courses, alongside a suite of Short Courses.
As a first study tutor on one of our Full-Time programmes you will work closely with our team to support students in their learning, development and artistry.
Time Commitment: A typical commitment for a full academic year would be 5.75 hours per week, 27 weeks a year from September to June. Additional hours for marking, attending student performances and training/quality assurance. We are looking for someone to begin in Term 2 – December 10th 2021 through to June 2022, with training and induction prior. Hourly teaching rate is £23 p/h.
To apply please send a CV and brief covering letter to email@example.com by 5pm on Tuesday 16th November 2021. Engagement will be subject to interview and successful candidates will require a current PVG Membership.
For more information about the Academy of Music and Sound and the programmes we offer please visit https://www.academyofmusic.ac.uk/
If you have any questions about the post, application or our centre please do not hesitate to contact us in the interim. You can reach us via email as above, or by phone on 0141 221 4458.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and deliver high-quality classes in Hip Hop and Rap Songwriting, Beat-making and performance within an HNC and HND Framework (SCQF Levels 7 and 8)
- Support students in their development, adapting delivery style to meet the needs of individual learners
- Assess coursework, including student performances and return marking in a timeous manner
- Attend standardisation meetings with other tutors and complete Internal Verification, as required
- Attend student performances (usually once a term/3 times per year)
- Maintain a dialogue with the Course Coordinator to ensure our students learning needs are being met and to communicate any relevant information
- Set a positive example to students and act with integrity at all times
- Comply with, uphold and contribute to a healthy and robust safe-guarding culture
- A commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion; contributing to an environment for everyone
Skills and Experience
- Experience of writing Hip Hop and Rap songs and performing them within a live performance context to a professional standard
- Experience of tutoring and/or leading workshops in the subject area (other educational experience may be considered)
- Proficiency in Digital Audio Work Stations, including but not limited to, Logic Pro X and Ableton
- A strong work ethic with a student-centred approach to learning
- A current PVG Scheme Membership
- Experience or familiarity with Further Education learning culture, quality assurance or other relevant process
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Grade 5 Music Theory (or equivalent)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org