Social Media Manager / Website and Digital Content Creator: The Academy of Music and Sound & AMSonline
Location: Ideally to be based out of either Glasgow or Exeter (Devon), but open to someone working remotely.
Part-time hours: 15hrs per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From £15,000.00 per year
Must have a degree or above in relevant fields such as; Marketing, Journalism or Music.
The Social Media and Digital Content Manager is responsible for the digital and social media output for all Academy of Music and Sound and AMSonline platforms. Work closely with all AMS regional schools (AMS Edinburgh, Glasgow, Gateshead and Exeter), to assist with their marketing and recruitment strategies, managing social media output, website content, and campaigns for each school and assisting with other marketing or outreach tasks as required.
Create digital campaigns around school open days, workshops, masterclasses and other events, all driven towards getting new leads and driving recruitment. Work on developing individual digital brand identities and output for each AMS school, whilst remaining in-keeping with the overall AMS brand identity and retain consistency across platforms.
Responsible for content on the AMS Blog: use editorial judgement to write, pitch or commission new articles/blogs, conducting interviews and generally getting creative with new content! This could be reaching out to industry people for interviews, or calling out for guest blog content from writers or students.
Copywriting: General website updating for events and updating other copy on the website, ensuring posts and blogs are SEO optimised. Experience with Wordpress desired.
Create basic graphic material (experience and proficiency with Canva and/or Photoshop) for social media, mailers and the website.
- Skilled writer/copywriter with a keen attention to detail. Ability to craft engaging and appropriate copy and accurately proofread and edit own work
- Creativity to brainstorm and create new online content for the Academy socials, blog and newsletters
- Basic design skills (Proficient with either/or Canva, Photoshop)
- Experience with Mailchimp
- Experience with Wordpress (and SEO)
- Blog writing skills (keen writer desirable)
- Passion for music and the arts industry
- Ability to work independently efficiently and also collaboratively
- Responsible for majority of digital and social media output for AMS UK accounts and all regional school accounts
- Write monthly/bi-monthly AMS Central (UK) Newsletter, and separate newsletter/email campaigns for regional schools when required
- Regular engaging social posts for all centres: keep the feed up to date with all relevant events, centre news and other new content
- Updating all centre’s feeds with diverse content
- Editorial: Work on developing and creating new website content – writing blogs, commissioning blogs/writers
- Work closely with all AMS schools on their marketing plans and help to implement these depending on each centre’s unique audience and needs
- Update tools like link in bio and billy with relevant new links
- Upload new events to the website, create email marketing campaigns for open events and other events when needed
- Where necessary, help set up Facebook/Instagram advertising
- Update YouTube channel
- Assist regional AMS centre’s with other marketing tasks if required (e.g. flyers/e-flyer creation, emailing and reaching out to schools, above the line banners/posters etc)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org