Your audition is a way of you showing us what you can do- not us highlighting what you cannot do yet! Please prepare accordingly and try not to let nerves get in the way of your performance.
The vocal tutor taking you through your audition will ask you to demonstrate knowledge and skill in the following areas:
- Vocal warm ups: show how you go about warming up your voice, ready for singing
- Scales: major and minor, major and minor arpeggios
- Applicant’s choice piece: Please prepare one piece to perform which showcases your musicality and technique. It is better to sing an intermediate level piece that you can perform well, than to choose something hard that you might struggle with
Your song should show a range of dynamics and expression as well as showing the tonal range of your voice (high and low) as far as possible.
Your piece can be:
- Performed to a backing track –please bring the backing track with you in mp3 format or have the track on your phone and play it through a provided aux
- Performed with piano accompaniment: please notify us before-hand (at least 3 days before your audition) if you require a piano accompanist
Good luck, and have fun preparing.